Draft National Renewable Act-2015
- Date : 08/17/2015 12:19 pm
- @Author :Admin RE-PORT
“Renewable Energy Act – 2015 (DRAFT)” has been announced recently. Salient points from the same are presented for your kind reference:
- Development Green Energy fund. National Renewable Energy fund to be operated by Central Government.
- Provide soft loans to RE Projects
- Empower the Central Government to formulate the guidelines for State RE Policies and RE Plans.
- Empower State Governments and provide adequate technical, administrative & financial Support.
- Create a National think tank on RE.
- Create National Renewable Advisory Group (NREAG)
- Set up National Target for 5 years(firm) and indicative targets for additional 10 years.
- MNRE to carry out Resource assessment for all RE Systems.
- The Resource assessment data to be available in public domain with GIS layers of Transmission Lines, Substations, Forests etc
- Uniform RPO targets across the nation within a years time.
- Mandatory RPO targets and compliances.
- Off Grid generation such as Solar Pumps, Solar Torches etc to qualify for RPO fulfillment
- New Thermal Projects to fulfill RPO
- Penalty for non fulfillment of RPO has been specified.This can lead to 3 months imprisonment too.
- If grid is not available after RE project is ready, the compensation to be paid for deemed generation.